Saturday, August 9, 2008

Saturday Tidbits

I am busy decluttering today, which so far has involved my getting rid of tons of clothes and books and papers and possibly fossils. I am in the mood to be ruthless, so I have been tossing things without a second glance, except every once in a while, I do stop and take a look and I'm almost never sorry.




My friend gave me this card for my birthday, I love it because he calls me Marinka and serenades me with a poem. Perfect.

I also got this card from a friend who was vacationing in Croatia.




If there is anything that I love more than semi-literate English cards printed in foreign countries, I can't quite figure out what that is.


And then there was this:



My in-laws visited us last month, and when they left, I noticed that they put this baby portrait of my husband (and the other four of the quintuplets) up in their room. Of course, I was not going to throw it out, but it makes me laugh every time that I look at it because it is such a period piece. Sort of like they used to draw children as miniature adults in medieval times.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the dolphins. Gave me a good laugh - which was appreciated, since I'm feeling a bit weary. "Here is exhausting."

August 9, 2008 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i didn't realize there was so great!
I love the birthday rhyme!

August 10, 2008 at 1:58 AM  
Blogger anymommy said...

Would you fly over and do my house when you're done there? Thanks.

August 10, 2008 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger binks said...

I feel your pain, I was doing the same. Ugh!

August 11, 2008 at 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the peekaboo blanket portraits. my mother has those of my siblings.

August 11, 2008 at 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home