Friday, July 3, 2009

What a Week

Normally I wouldn't post so soon after my last post, but I am leaving for the weekend to an internet-unfriendly place, and Blogger has been unfriendly about posting my scheduled posts. I assume it's because Blogger is in deep mourning about Michael Jackson and Farrah, but who knows, could be latent anti-semitism.

So here I am.

This week has been amazing. Two of my bloggy friends had babies and I actually teared up reading about it. Check out their beautiful babies here and here. Congratulations! And thank you for letting me part of the journey/a beloved aunt.

Three posts made me laugh and laugh and laugh. Sometimes a post just hits the spot and they did for me. Last but not least, see who The Mouthy Housewives awarded our Seal of Approval to this week. It's a must-read.

On the sentimental front, this reminded me of my own father and this was one of the sweetest things I'd read in a while.

So have a great weekend!

I'll be back next week with The Story of My Header, How Michael Jackson's Death is Tearing My Family Apart, Remedial Blog School and more! Vicki suggested that I blog about placenta eating, but I as I keep telling people, this isn't a food blog. Maybe Southern Fairy Tale can take this on?

13 Comments:

Blogger Everyday Goddess said...

I hope wherever you are going makes up for not hosting the internet with tons of other friendly swag.

Blogger is being most unfriendly with posting scheduled posts. I bailed on that idea. I left a note on the door, and the answering machine on.

Happy travels! Say hi to Kathy for me!

July 3, 2009 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger Liz Wilkey (a.k.a. A Mom on Spin) said...

Have a great weekend in no-bloggyland!

July 3, 2009 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

This is great - now I can just go into all the great posts to read right from this post - what a time saver.

Thanks for the link and shout out!

July 3, 2009 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger mo.stoneskin said...

Goddammit one stops by for some placenta recipes and is sorely disappointed.

(Blogger has been shafting my scheduled posts too)

July 3, 2009 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger Pseudo said...

Thank-you very much for the weekend reading material. Happy fourth of July!

Is Nikki going with you?

July 3, 2009 at 1:20 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Have a great weekend!

Blogger was unfriendly with me posting timed postings even before Farrah's and Michael's exits, so it must just be in a snit over something else entirely.

July 3, 2009 at 1:40 PM  
Anonymous Maureen at IslandRoar said...

Have a great holiday and be sure to collect lots of tidbits to keep us laughing!
We're counting on you...

July 3, 2009 at 3:00 PM  
Blogger Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

Thanks for thinking of us before you go and have a great weekend!

July 3, 2009 at 4:23 PM  
Blogger Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

Have a great weekend! Hope there's lots of blog-fodder to share-- I mean that in a good way.

July 3, 2009 at 8:17 PM  
Blogger xxx said...

thanks for all the links...
I'm up for a laugh.

best wishes
Ribbon

July 4, 2009 at 7:22 AM  
Anonymous Vicki said...

So disappointing that you won't be focusing on the culinary delights of the placenta. But have a good weekend away!

July 4, 2009 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What the hell? My daughter turned 4 this week? How can that not be part of your week? Is it because I never blogged about those Wizard of Oz tickets you blessed me with?

July 5, 2009 at 12:54 AM  
Blogger the mama bird diaries said...

Vicki suggested that I blog about placenta eating, but I as I keep telling people, this isn't a food blog..... HILARIOUS.

July 6, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home