Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hatemongering 2-for-1 Special!

So, the economy sucks, so the humanity-challenged folk who brought you the "God Hates Fags" signs and protesting outside of American soldiers' funerals are bringing you a 2-for-1 hatred special, this weekend only!

They are targeting NYC synagogues, and on Sunday morning, as most of us are busy clogging our arteries with bacon byproduct, they are protesting outside of a synagogue that serves a gay and lesbian community, because they have it on good authority that in addition to hating fags, God hates Jews.

Here's what Fred Phelps and company have planned for this morning:

Cong. Beth Simchat - Your prayer book for the fags is vain! 57 Bethune Street Oh, wow, I'm so totally impressed by the fact that this is the LARGEST fag church in the world. NOT!


Like OMG, what is this the 80s? NOT? You got to update your hate speech. Like God H8s U! Besides, we're all so cosmopolitan here when you say "fags" we think you're launching an anti-smoking campaign.

WBC has seen the face of you violent brute rebels against God with NO CAUSE! We fear God, not man, and we will come with the only loving words of truth that you apostate (a little more honest than the other) Jews have had in your whole stinking, rotten lives. You are welcome for that. YOU are why Paul said these words: Philippians 3:1 � Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe. 2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. 3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. Paul dealt with you Christ-killing, filthy self-righteous Jews for a long time, and knew you were all of one mind: Fags, Reform Jews and Orthodox Jews. Violent and lawless like the Zionists in Israel, land stealers, baby rapers and reprobate concerning the only truth!

I am so totally glad you brought up the dogs! Because the pitbulls are a real problem, thank goodness not in lower Manhattan where you'll be protesting, but really, you can't be too careful.

Oh and the Christ killing again. You are so Vatican I. I also love the "Fags, Reform Jews and Orthodox Jews" line. Like they can say "fags" but can't bring themselves to use a
derogatory term against Jews. Because Kathy Griffin was right--don't mess with the Jews.

So our message is simple, to wit: If you do not repent, you will perish (i.e. go to hell for ever). If you do not repent, Obama will have his way with you. Nothing Antichrist will love more than destroying those whom God chose out of this world to make covenant with. However, 144,000 Jews will be saved. Not any of you who live like Satan and disobey God. AMEN!


Seriously, fellow LA Law fans, who doesn't love the "to wit". Henceforth and heretofore. I also like how they explain what "perish" means (i.e. go to hell forever). Wait, I thought it would be more like a two week staycation? No? Ok, then! I'm on my way to repentville! Especially since I see that there's a 144,000 Jew quota. Can I make a reservation on that quota? I have a coupon!

All kidding aside, these are hateful, destructive people. Fortunately the synagogue that they are targeting, Congregation Beth Simchat Torah is having people donate money for each minute that the hatemongers protest them. If you would like to support their efforts, please contribute to their Against Hate campaign here.

I don't like asking for money (other than for my botox, of course, Paypal info coming soon!) so if you are unable to contribute, please let others know about it. A chance to fight homophobia and anti-Semitism? This fag-loving Jew girl can't resist!

33 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

"we're so cosmopolitan that we thought you were launching an anti-smoking campaign" BWAHAHAHAHA

freaking brilliant. Do you know, that I actually do think of cigarettes every single time someone says or I read fag (and it's rare that I hear that word)
I think I may read too much ;-)

The wording in that is insanity, well the whole thing is insane really.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

June 21, 2009 at 8:32 AM  
Anonymous Sophie, Inzaburbs said...

Really. You couldn't make it up. That kind of hate is frightening. Very frightening.

Brilliant idea to turn it around on them. Although I fear that between them all there will not be enough brain power to actually understand that it is happening. Still, here's to raising a pile of money for Beth Simchat!

June 21, 2009 at 9:54 AM  
Blogger Fancy Schmancy said...

Shouldn't those a**holes be in church themselves today?

June 21, 2009 at 10:46 AM  
Anonymous Inna said...

Some people have way to much free time on their hands.
Why do they care so much about destroying completely happy people? Couldn't they spend their times curing world hunger instead?

June 21, 2009 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

I'm contributing. Because I too am a fag loving, chai wearing, Jew girl! Actually, I am contemplating joining this temple. Or at least checking it out.

Oh and the whole "Obama will have his way with you" thing. Yeah, that just made a shit ton people want to convert to Judaism. Cuz honestly, Obama is a hottie. He can have his way with me any day.

(Kathy knows her shit. You don't mess with the Jews)

In all seriousness though, Thank you for bringing this to my attention Marinka. Now if only the pride parade was this week.

June 21, 2009 at 11:12 AM  
Blogger 2 Brits, 2 Yanks, 2 Dogs said...

Wow! Coming from Jewish ancestors, of which one of my grandmothers sisters, and her family was killed in a concentration camp, I am always amazed at the hate people STILL have towards the Jews. This disgusts me.

As for the gays - who can't love the gays, they have great style and have the best sarcastic humor ever!

June 21, 2009 at 11:33 AM  
Anonymous Texasholly said...

So nice that they have such a close relationship with God...must come in handy all the time.

June 21, 2009 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger daydreamymama said...

People are fucking frightening. And anyway, I don't understand why people have always hated Jews so much. I had a lovely Jewish boyfriend for years, who was hilarious and kind and a generous lover, who once got up and made me a post-coital snack at 3:00 a.m. because I mumbled that I was hungry. That's way more charitable than these supposed "christians" claim to be. And how would we know how to dress without the gays?
I will forward the link around to everyone I know.

June 21, 2009 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger Priss said...

Ugh. Cringe. I hate that these people are identified with people who are politically conservative. (I swear on my holy rock music collection, I'm socially liberal.) I can only believe that Gord Himself will set their compound on fire and we can all stand outside and sing, "The roof, the roof, the roof is on FYAH!"

But seriously, Phred needs to get a phucking job. Wife beating, child beating nutjob that lived off of his wives' and childrens' hard work and really needs medication for whatever disorder he has.

I'm only partly sorry for the guy, because really, he likes his dysfuncion. I got a prescription from my doctor and learned to love the bomb.

Er... something like that.

I'd love to see a driveby out there. Right into the protest. THAT would be frickin' great.

Normally I'm all zen about stuff, but it's clear phred isn't getting the comeuppance he should have gotten a long time ago.

June 21, 2009 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger Liz Wilkey (a.k.a. A Mom on Spin) said...

And all under the guise of being God-fearing individuals . . .

Why don't they try being a little closer to God by LOVING not HATING!

June 21, 2009 at 3:31 PM  
Blogger Carolyn...Online said...

Why are there so many stupid people in the world? I'm just wondering.

June 21, 2009 at 5:05 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

I bet most Brits thought they were launching an anti-smoking campaign as well. I know most of my friends here would have thought that!

This fag loving Christian supports the fag loving Jews.

June 21, 2009 at 6:56 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

My husband is british, so I can't helping thinking cigarette when I hear the term fag either.

But seriously - shouldn't they be worshipping in their OWN damn church today instead of protesting? Do they REALLY think their time is better spent this way. Stupid question, I suppose. As they're CLEARLY stupid people. And I love what Heather said. Love it.

(ps - this post didn't appear in my reader; neither did the one from yesterday)

June 21, 2009 at 7:58 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

So so awful. What they wrote makes me cringe. It's so unbelievable.

I think when these people die they are going to be really really surprised.

June 21, 2009 at 9:19 PM  
Blogger Pop and Ice said...

There is just no reason to dignify these people as a legitimate cause except that they serve as a lesson to our children about intolerance. Unfortunately, it's something that has to be taught over and over and over again. It's truly sad.

June 21, 2009 at 10:49 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

I just want to know, who are they to judge others. Wait till one of their close friends or family members comes out of the closet. OR wait until their sister marries a Jewish man. How does any of this effect others? In fact I look at these instances as opportunities to learn from others.

June 22, 2009 at 7:57 PM  
Blogger SweetPeaSurry said...

I've always found it disconcerting -- and obviously not spiritual -- when people say they know better than God what God loves or doesn't love. I guess they're getting nightly visits from the man himself right? He's whispering in their ear to hate and judge? Are we all reading the same bible? *performs a HUGE eye-roll at the idiotic protests*

brightest blessings, and send in your reservation ASAP as the 144,000 spaces are filling up quickly!!!

June 22, 2009 at 8:23 PM  
Anonymous Coco said...

If these people are such God fearing Christians why aren't they spending their time spreading love instead of hate? Why not help out at the soup kitchens, clothing and food drives, deliver meals to hungry people.

Isn't that what people are supposed to do? Who is anyone to judge a person, their lifestyle and what is in their heart no matter the sexual orientation or religion.

It would seem that their actions would send them straight to hell. But not my call.

Okay so what is with the link at the bottom? Jesus Love You This prayer will change your life "enter site" ?????

You are slick.

June 22, 2009 at 8:25 PM  
Blogger Everyday Goddess said...

I think God has historically enlisted the help of Jews to spread The Word. Not guys named Fred Phelps.

June 22, 2009 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger blognut said...

I'm probably supposed to say something deep, like that I feel sorry for morons like this.

However, I'm not that deep. I'll just say that I wish they'd perish.

June 22, 2009 at 10:42 PM  
Blogger 262mom said...

If I looked at all the gays and all the Jews, the Jewish gays and then looked at Fred Phelps' picture I think it would be clear who is lacking in favor with the man upstairs.

June 22, 2009 at 10:47 PM  
Blogger All Things BD said...

As a Christian myself, I just want to say: Mr. Phelps, STAY OFF OUR SIDE. Most actual Christians are HORRIFIED that there are people out there who would twist our religion, ANY religion, into something this evil.

Awesome that the synagogue is doing something positive in the face of this. And good for you and your readers for not answering such vile words in kind.

June 23, 2009 at 12:04 AM  
Blogger anymommy said...

It's scary. Your post is brilliant, but it is so scary the hate that is out there. Can't think of anything more witty. Just another fag-loving Jew girl adding her support.

June 23, 2009 at 1:42 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I found you via Lilac Colored Glasses.

Brilliant post. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

I'm heading over to donate to the Simchat Torah site later today.

June 23, 2009 at 7:06 AM  
Blogger Belle said...

I can't find the button for your Botox fund!

June 23, 2009 at 11:29 AM  
Anonymous Andrea's Sweet Life said...

DUDE. You JUST showed up in Google Reader. I'm about to shoot somebody at Google. (KIDDING!)

I'll donate, because, well. Hatemongers suck.

June 23, 2009 at 11:50 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

wow, those do so sound like words of love. I'm glad they don't use words of hate, imagine what they would say.

June 23, 2009 at 4:20 PM  
Blogger Roshni said...

just amazing how stupid some people are! I'm donating of course!

June 23, 2009 at 4:25 PM  
Blogger bernthis said...

Good to see Anti Semitism is alive and well and yes I am saying that with dripping sarcasm. What kills e about this is people that are rational don't need the whole world to hear them. It is these extremists, these nut jobs, these borderline personality diordered narcissists that seem to always be out there yelling hateful things. It saddens me to no end

June 23, 2009 at 5:49 PM  
Blogger bernthis said...

Good to see Anti Semitism is alive and well and yes I am saying that with dripping sarcasm. What kills e about this is people that are rational don't need the whole world to hear them. It is these extremists, these nut jobs, these borderline personality diordered narcissists that seem to always be out there yelling hateful things. It saddens me to no end

June 23, 2009 at 5:49 PM  
Blogger Roshni said...

okay my office server is nt allowing me into that site. I'll try again once I get home!

June 23, 2009 at 5:57 PM  
Blogger Ann Imig said...

Wait,

Obama will have his way with me???

Sign me UP.

oh. and maybe we should start a ping network "fag loving Jew Girls"

June 23, 2009 at 9:25 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

It's hard to be down with the hating when you write in such an adorable way. But I will try.... DOWN WITH THE HATING!

(I really am down with the hating.)

And I think the donating for each minute they are demonstrating is BRILLIANT. I'd like to meet the person who thought that one up!

June 25, 2009 at 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home