Saturday, October 18, 2008

Week in Review

Weekend: We are upstate New York, telling each other how beautiful the leaves are and how fresh the air is. I am also casually mentioning how slow the dial up internet connection is and maybe we should return to NYC and high speed internet sooner rather than later.

Monday: We are back in NYC! But oh NO! My daughter needs a Halloween costume because she is going to a Halloween party next weekend. She wants to be a devil. I say something like, "great! That'll save us money on the costume!" but she doesn't seem to have my sense of humor. We are unable to buy a devil costume because the costume place in our neighborhood only sells Devil-Whore costumes, made by a company called "Fourplay".

Tuesday: I settle in to watch a recorded episode of Gossip Girl only to learn that my TiVo failed me. Am in midst of spiritual crisis.

Wednesday: My book group is rescheduled until the following Wednesday because of the debate. This is good news for me because I didn't finish the book. I am stepping up efforts to have an extra debate scheduled next Wednesday.

Thursday: While walking on Park Avenue, I see not one but two stores with cars in the window. Are they fucking with me? The world is my vagina.



Friday: I have a sore throat. I am planning on milking it all weekend, and send a warning email to Husbandrinka. Instead of dropping everything and rushing over to rescue me from the clutches of work to ensure that I get rest and care, he emails back a "Take some Tylenol." Doesn't it sound like something Claus von Bulow would say?

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Filet said...

I LOVED the devil costume. We've had our own issues with this too. Costumes available for 14 year old daughter are all something-whore costume (pirate-whore, witch-whore, Dorothy-whore).

She's going as a ninja.

October 18, 2008 at 6:34 AM  
Blogger binks said...

Thank goodness I don't have a whore issue.
Do they make man-whore costumes?

October 18, 2008 at 10:01 AM  
Blogger Madge said...

i'm not sure there is anything more devastating then a TiVo failure....

and i hate the "take some tylenol" line from my husband....

October 18, 2008 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

"Doesn't it sound like something Claus von Bulow would say?"

That was hilarious. Good luck with the sore throat. I hope it gets you lots of naps and someone to make soup for you.

October 18, 2008 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger the mama bird diaries said...

Gossip Girl was seriously lame this week. You thankfully missed nothing.

October 18, 2008 at 3:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know how you survive such abuse. Poor thing. I hope the Tylenol worked.

October 18, 2008 at 4:54 PM  
Blogger Vodka Mom said...

any post with the word vagina in it cracks me the hell up! And how the hell DID they get the car in there? Did they give the window an epidural? episiotomy?

October 18, 2008 at 5:42 PM  
Blogger anymommy said...

He's a mean one, that Husbandrinka. The Tivo failure made my heart hurt.

October 18, 2008 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger Frogs in my formula said...

I hope he at least signed the email with something mushy or an xoxox. Men--must they be so economical with their words??

October 18, 2008 at 9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, I'm kind of guilty of the same exact thing.

My wife, who is out of town at the moment, complains about her throat every time we've talked on the phone the last 2 days.

And they say us men do the whining! :p

October 18, 2008 at 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home