Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I Don't Think It Would Work

Marinka: I don't think that I could marry someone in prison, could you?

Husbandrinka: Yes.

Marinka: I mean what's the point? He's in prison, so he's useless to me. Although I wouldn't have to pick up his dry cleaning.

Husbandrinka: You've never picked up my dry cleaning, we have it delivered.

Marinka: I know, it's just a stereotypical mind numbing thing that wives do for their husbands.

Husbandrinka: But you don't do it.

Marinka: I'm not talking literally, I'm taking this discussion to a higher sphere.

Husbandrinka: Ok.

Marinka: But on the other hand, he could never pick up the kids from school because he'd be milking this whole 'I'm incarcerated' thing.

Husbandrinka: It is hard to make it to school at 3 if you're behind bars.

Marinka: There's no way that it would work. I would resent him too much.

Husbandrinka: Well, that makes a lot of sense.

Marinka: See, when you said that yes, you would marry someone in prison, I don't think that you thought this through.

Husbandrinka: Yeah? Well, what are the chances that she'd be asking me inane questions while I was trying to read?

Marinka: You are a wise man.

12 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Filet said...

Did I already post a comment? I'm losing my mind.

Anyway, I think it'd be cool to married to someone in prison. I wouldn't have to help him build his blog.

September 24, 2008 at 4:18 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Point to husbandrinka. :)

But what he fails to consider is that there still might be someone asking him insane questions at night, except a lot more forcefully. And not nearly as cute.

September 24, 2008 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Careful. He may find that it's more desirable to have a prison wife.

September 24, 2008 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger Kate Coveny Hood said...

I would be bitter about him getting to watch TV and play cards all day while I did all of the housework, paycheck earning and childrearing... But the not living with a slob thing would be kind of a perk.

September 24, 2008 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger Maddness of Me said...

Oh the possibilities, I could so marry a guy in prison.

Damn I miss my single life ;)

September 24, 2008 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

I'm starting to feel sorry for Husbandrinka.

September 24, 2008 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger jen said...

husband in prison...
to not be fondled and grabbed at every morning...and every night.
awesome.
to never get a break from the kiddos.
not awesome.

September 24, 2008 at 12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. He's too wise, for sure. You need to dump him and marry some stupid, yet delicious, prisoner. He should be worried. When it comes to husbands, brains are waaayy over-rated.

September 24, 2008 at 3:49 PM  
Blogger Quart said...

I have GOT to start getting our dry cleaning delivered. After I start working on my Biden costume.

September 24, 2008 at 9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think Husbandrinka fully appreciates the entertainment value of living with you.

September 25, 2008 at 12:47 AM  
Blogger bernthis said...

I married I guy and then went to prison, the "prison" being the apartment then house I had to share with him for 14 years. I'm telling you, in retrospect, I think dating a guy in prison would have been a lot more tolerable. At least there he couldn't spend all my money. :)

September 25, 2008 at 12:53 AM  
Blogger binks said...

I work with a lot of guys that just got OUT of prison. Those guys are definitely not the marrying kind.
Well, not in my book.

September 27, 2008 at 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home