Wednesday, July 23, 2008

He's Here All Week!

Scene: Kid bedtime in the Marinka household. I just poured myself a beer, when I hear my seven year old summoning me to "say something important". I set the beer down and hope that what he has to tell me is something quick, along the lines of "what is the meaning of life?" to which I can cheerily reply, "Who the hell knows?" as opposed to something elaborate like, "Why is the lady who used to be Carly on General Hospital now portraying a totally different character?"

I appear in his room. Julianne Moore could play me in this scene, if you're the visual type who needs the characters cast in order to appreciate the blog more. My son is being played by that kid in The Omen. The adorable one.

Me: You rang?

Kid: I have a joke, actually two, but one of them is inappropriate.

Me: Ok.

Kid: How do you spell "Icup"?

Me: What is "Icup"?

Kid: It's you, that's also a cup.

Me: What?

Kid: Just, how do you spell it?

Me: I-c-u-p.

Kid: doubled over in laughter

Me: What?

Kid: I...see.. you... pee...

Me: Is this the inappropriate joke?

Kid: Yes.

Me: Did you make it up yourself?

Kid: Yes.

Me: Good night.

13 Comments:

Blogger wfbdoglover said...

He got you there!

July 23, 2008 at 8:39 AM  
Blogger Z said...

I see a future stand-up comedian growing up at your place! ;)

July 23, 2008 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger Neil said...

While I'm not too sure he made that up, seeing that I told that same joke when I was his age -- I gotta admit, it still makes me laugh.

July 23, 2008 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Marinka said...

WFB--he did!

Z-and I see the "2 drink minimum" rule being strictly enforced.

Neil-WHAT? I can't believe he tried to pass that joke off as his own. I will be nipping this in the bud!

July 23, 2008 at 10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like the kind of joke my husband would tell!

July 23, 2008 at 12:30 PM  
Blogger Madge said...

i seriously need school to start. how bout you?

July 23, 2008 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger anymommy said...

So he's a clever plagerizer (sp?), he'll go far in life.

July 23, 2008 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger MoscowMom said...

Thanks for stopping by! I read a few entries and I really enjoy your sassy writing style. Are you a writer in your profession?

Your kids sound a lot like mine... So, yes, "to mother" is one heck of an active verb!!!!

July 23, 2008 at 1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Except that I really like the new Carly as Carly better than the old Carly for some reason. And it wigs me out every time old Carly/Claudia has a scene with Jason because I keep flashing back to them playing pool like eight years ago or whenever it was that she was old Carly.

July 23, 2008 at 3:47 PM  
Blogger josetteplank.com said...

That joke never gets old, does it?

I promise you, I make no money from the sale of this book, but you have to get your kiddo The Encyclopedia of Immaturity. Or maybe kiddo already has it? Sounds like maybe, lol.

July 23, 2008 at 4:01 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

My kids tell that one, too. Sigh...

I keep telling people that for the male of the species, body humor starts being funny at about age three and stops fifteen minutes after clinical death.

July 23, 2008 at 5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha....too funny :)

July 23, 2008 at 9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure when we told it we were all, "say 'lettuce' and spell 'cup.'"

I can't believe that joke is still around, though.

July 24, 2008 at 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home