Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What Grownups Do While Kids Sleep

I remember when I was a kid, I never wanted to go to sleep because I was convinced that my parents went to the circus and ate cake and generally had the most fun while I slept. I hated that and nothing that they said could convince me that they were really washing the dishes and filleting the herring in our communal apartment in Old Country. So it is with tremendous shame that I have to confess that when my kids went to sleep on Sunday night, I had some of the Carvel ice cream cake and played the Wii for about an hour.

Take that, pipsqueaks!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very happy to hear that! It's kind of sad when your life gets to the point that the people you are rebelling with aren't your parents but your children, but still...rebellion is very worthwhile.

June 24, 2008 at 10:38 PM  
Blogger Marinka said...

Thanks! I'm sure my parents would be mortified that I was playing a video game instead of, I don't know, reading!

June 24, 2008 at 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home