Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Text Message From My Daughter


I got this text message from my daughter, sent from her babysitter's cell phone:

Mommy did u find the rushin candy behind the computer because me and [insert brother's name here] found it. And ate it.

The "rushin candy" is the candy that my mother brought over from Russia. For some reason, there is a disproportionate amount of Russian candy that features drawings of bears on the wrapper, but it does not deter anyone that I know from eating it. On the contrary, it makes us feel at one with nature, like we're supporting the environment almost.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

What's this about bears?

Is the candy made from bears?

Does it taste like honey?

Hmm.

June 18, 2008 at 7:08 PM  
Blogger Marinka said...

By popular request, I am providing a picture of the candy wrapper featuring the bears. Is this enough? Or would you like me to consume some of this candy now? Perhaps you'll be satisfied if I move back to Russia and devote my life to eating this candy?!

It doesn't taste like honey. It tastes like chocolate and wafers. And fur.

June 18, 2008 at 9:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that looks good! are you up for a snack swap? I will send you one of our american candies that we call twix!

June 19, 2008 at 1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home